You know you love it. But this time, you need to trust me that removing the butter and replacing with coconut oil makes it so much better (and healthier). Could it be true? 100%, yes. Also, I make my own seasoning- no caramel color, no preservative nasties. Recipe is straight-forward and results in the best crunchy snack-y mix for your holiday gatherings or yourself on a snowy day or any darn time.
"You are the boss on the ingredients- you need roughly 9 cups of crunchy stuff."
Notes: Garlic salt is Lawry's, can be replaced with 1 tsp. garlic powder and 1/2 tsp. salt.
BUTTERLESS PARTY MIX
Ingredients: 2 cups Rice Chex, 2 cups Corn Chex, 2 cups Wheat Chex, 1 cup plain Cheerios, 1 cup goldfish crackers, 1 cup pretzels, 1 can mixed nuts, 6 tbsp. coconut oil, 1 tsp. garlic salt, 1 tsp. onion powder, 1/2 tsp. ground sumac (optional), 1/8 tsp. sugar, 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce.
1. Preheat oven to 250* and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. Pour Chex cereals, Cheerios, goldfish crackers, pretzels and nuts into a very large bowl or pot.
3. Melt coconut oil in microwave for 45-55 seconds. Whisk in the Worcestershire sauce, garlic salt, onion powder, sumac, and sugar.
4. Pour over the mix, stir to coat well.
5. Bake for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Remove to cool. Store in airtight container up to 2 weeks.
Tip: If you are gluten free, omit the wheat Chex, and up the rice/corn Chex to 3 cups each. Then replace the pretzels and goldfish crackers with gluten-free pretzels and Asian rice crisps or extra nuts.