Updated: Aug 20
disclosure: You may feel like you have won a secret prize when you eat this. I'm not lying when I say each bite is better than the first. you also might not be able to stop, so make sure there are others to share this decadent cake with.
"This cake has everything I look for in a Bundt. Full of flavor, buttery, moist, beautiful. It tastes and feels celebratory and I don't think it would be wrong to make this for a birthday and serve with champagne."
Notes: Butter is unsalted, Bundt pan is smooth.
Buttery Orange Bundt Cake
Ingredients: 1 1/2 cups melted butter, 1 1/4 cups flour, 2 tsp. baking powder, scant 1/2 tsp salt, 2 oranges (or 3 clementines), 3 eggs, 1 cup + 2 Tbsp. sugar, 1/4 cup orange liqueur
1. Preheat oven to 350* and grease a Bundt cake pan.
2. Whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt.
3. Zest the oranges onto a paper towel, fold over towel and set aside. Then peel oranges and remove straggly pithy white bits and seeds.
4.Puree oranges in a food processor until smooth.
5. Whisk eggs and sugar in a large bowl until fluffy. Add in pureed orange. Mix in the flour mixture. Fold in the butter and liqueur.
6. Pour batter into prepared pan and bake until golden and sides are pulling away, about 45-50 minutes. Let cool before removing from pan. Sprinkle orange zest over cake before slicing.
Tip: If you don't have orange liqueur you can use rum or orange juice.