You can only eat so many chips from a bag (I think?). It's my go-to snack of choice, so I'm probably qualified to state as much.
Today, instead of lunch, my hubby and I nearly shared chips and salsa since we weren't too hungry, but I thought better- and healthier. So glad I did! These oven chips were fast and so good. A spicy kick of heat, crisp bite and a cool-off from a quick blue cheese dip I made using plain yogurt.
Next time you are tempted to reach for a bag, do this instead. Bonus if you are serving to others. Also the recipe easily doubles.
"If you aren't a fan of blue cheese, go with Feta."
Notes: Plain yogurt and chili-lime seasoning is Trader Joe's.
CHILI-LIME OVEN CHIPS + HEALTHIER BLUE CHEESE DIP
Ingredients: 1/2 pound red potatoes, chili-lime seasoning, red pepper flakes, 1 tbsp. olive oil, 1/2 cup plain yogurt, 1/4 cup blue cheese crumbles, 1 tsp. dried parsley, 1/2 tsp. everything bagel seasoning, pepper.
1. Preheat the oven to 425* and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Slice the potatoes thinly, then lay on the sheet. Brush with olive oil.
3. Generously sprinkle over chili-lime seasoning and red pepper flakes. Bake for 20 minutes, checking and moving them around half way through.
4. Make the dip: Stir together the yogurt, blue cheese, dried parsley, everything seasoning and pepper.
5. Remove hot chips to a plate. Add a big dollop of blue cheese dip.