EASIEST POTATO GRATIN
This recipe is delightful because your effort is minimal, and the takeaway is off the charts. It's made traditionally, with cream and Dijon - a polite nod to the French - so really, just four main ingredients aside from seasonings. Please do it again and again. I love it with just a green salad, but it does go well with roasted chicken, browned sausages, or the hub's favorite steak.
Make this gratin for a celebratory supper or cozy night by the fire...or brunch...or nothing. It needs no exceptional circumstance because it will turn your meal into something special.
"Remember to let the gratin cool a little, it tastes better if it isn't scalding hot."
Notes: Cream is heavy whipping cream.
EASY SKILLET GRATIN
Ingredients: 1 tbsp. butter, two large russet potatoes, 1 cup heavy cream, 2 tbsp. Dijon mustard, 8 oz. Munster cheese- grated, 1 tsp. dried dill, salt, and pepper to taste.
1. Preheat oven to 400*. Grease a cast-iron or oven-proof skillet with butter.
2. Wash and dry potatoes. Slice skinny. Layer 1 sliced potato in a spiral into the bottom of the skillet. Sprinkle half of the dill over, then follow with salt and pepper to taste.
3. Stir the Dijon into the cream, and pour half over the potatoes. Sprinkle with half of the grated Munster.
4. Repeat steps: potato spiral, seasonings, Dijon-cream, Munster.
5. Cover with foil and bake for 55 minutes. Remove foil, and bake 15 minutes longer or until golden and bubbly.
#easy potato skillet #skillet potato bbake #potato skillet gratin #potato gratin #easy potato gratin