DAILY EGG-WHITE FLOP
Not quite an omelet, not a scramble or a fry. An Egg-white flop is ideal for a fast breakfast or post morning-workout recovery meal. the variations are endless, but cheese in any form and fresh herbs, are essentials.
“This is my every day. I make it for my husband and myself after the gym and it is a great low-fat protein to help us recover from our workout and keep us hunger-free and energized until lunch.”
Notes: Egg whites are from Costco, but any cartoned brand will do.
Daily Egg-White Flop
Ingredients: Cartoned egg-whites, frozen Denver blend veg. (onions and peppers), 2 Tbsp. olive oil, 1/4 cup any cheese, torn fresh herbs like parsley, cilantro, basil, etc. Salt & pepper to taste.
1. Warm olive oil in a non-stick skillet pan over medium heat.
2. Add Denver mix to pan and cook for 5-8 minutes.
3. Pour about 1 cup of egg-whites into pan, salt and pepper to taste. Cook until no longer translucent.
4. Turn heat down to medium-low and cook for another 3-5 minutes. Add cheese over top.
5. Add fresh herbs, then gently run spatula around edges lifting to the center to ensure eggs are cooked through all of it.
6. Using spatula, flop one half of the egg whites over the other. Cook 1 minute longer, or until golden.
7. Serve immediately with Siracha and more fresh herbs.