Updated: May 31
You read that right. And I know what you are thinking. Get that cold love in my belly. I am stoked that this recipe is made with half yogurt, half cream. You get the tart and the creaminess--the best of both worlds.
"You can totally make this with all cream or all yogurt if you prefer, keep the amount of base-liquid the same."
Notes: Yogurt is plain, low-fat.
Kahlua Frozen Yo-Cream
Ingredients: 2 cups plain yogurt, 1 cup heavy whipping cream, 1 cup sugar, 3 Tbsp. Kahluha
1. Freeze your ice cream maker base for at least 4 hours to overnight.
2. Whisk all ingredients in a bowl, chill for 1 hour.
3. Pour into ice cream maker and process for 25 minutes.
4. Eat immediately at soft-serve stage, or remove to a freezer-safe container to freeze for 3 hours for hard-serve. (Lay a piece of plastic wrap over the top of the yo-cream to prevent ice crystals)
5. Eat with a scattering of shaved dark chocolate on top, optional.
Tip: Don't have an ice cream maker? Don't fret. Complete steps 1 and 2, then transfer to a food processor, process 5 minutes. Remove and freeze overnight.