Updated: May 31
THE COLOR ALONE MAKES A DULL DAY A BRIGHTER ONE. BUT BETTER, IS HOW CRAZY SIMPLE IT IS TO MAKE--AND IT REALLY TASTES AMAZING. EASY AND STUNNINGLY GOOD- IT'S A NO-BRAINER.
"You probably have all of the ingredients right now. What are you waiting for?"
Notes: Onion is yellow. Chicken stock is made with concentrated broth base powder.
Ingredients: 1 diced onion, 2 cloves minced garlic, 4 cups frozen peas, 1 Tbsp. olive oil, 1 tsp. sea salt, 3 cups chicken stock. Serves 4-6.
1. Cook the onion and garlic in the olive oil over medium heat until the onion starts to color.
2. Add the peas and salt and stir a couple minutes, then add chicken stock.
3. Bring to a boil and cook for 5 minutes. Cool slightly.
4. Blend in batches or use an immersion blender until smooth.
5. Serve with sour cream or Greek yogurt drizzle and cracked pepper.
Tip: A food processor will also work to blend, but you may be left with a bit more texture.