If you're looking for an elegant cocktail for your holidays that is creamy and light, and fruity, this is it. Make it in a martini glass, or low-ball, or a stemless flute, it all works and looks so pretty.
I love mint as an accent, but basil is also delicious!
Notes: Pomegranate vodka is by Smirnoff.
POMEGRANATE & CREAM VODKA SODA
Ingredients: Pomegranate vodka, POM juice, heavy whipping cream, pomegranate or cranberry soda water, pomegranate seeds, agave nectar, fresh mint, coarse sugar.
1. Make minted sugar rim: To a saucer or small bowl, add 2 tbsp. coarse white sugar and 1 tbsp. minced mint leaves.
2. Wet the rim of the glass with your finger, then dip glasses into minted sugar.
2. Add a little ice to the glass, I like to use 1 large cube.
3. To a cocktail shaker, add 1/2 cup ice, 3 ounces pomegranate vodka, 2 ounces heavy whipping cream, 2 ounces POM juice, and 1 1/2 tbsp. agave nectar. Shake well.
4. Pour into glass. Add a splash of soda water over the top of each. Garnish with pomegranate seeds and mint.