PUMPKIN CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE DOUGH TRUFFLES
Little bites of fall-love! This recipe is simple to whip up, and only partly fiddly (with the dipping of dough balls into to melted chocolate and waiting for them to set). Otherwise, oh my goodness are they worth the trouble! I keep my truffles in the fridge, but you could just as easily freeze them and let thaw 30 minutes before serving. Also, don't worry about the pumpkin flavor with kiddos or adults who don't love it. The flavor is more of a hint of pumpkin--and, pumpkin pie at that.
If you prefer to skip the butterscotch webbing, grab some festive sprinkles and give the truffle tops some love when the chocolate dip is still wet.
Notes: Gluten free flour is King Arthur. Pumpkin pie spice is The Spice Lab.
PUMPKIN CHOCOLATE CHIP
COOKIE DOUGH TRUFFLES
Ingredients: 2 tbsp. unsalted butter, 2 tbsp. light brown sugar, 2 tbsp. almond butter, 1/4 cup pure maple syrup, 1/2 cup pumpkin puree, 1 tsp. vanilla extract, 1 cup gluten free flour, 1 cup almond flour, 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice, 2 cups mini chocolate chips, 1/3 cup butterscotch chips, 2 tsp. coconut oil.
Makes 2 dozen.
1. In a large bowl, whisk together butter, almond butter, maple syrup and brown sugar until creamy-smooth. Add in pumpkin and vanilla extract, continuing to mix until smooth.
2. Tip in flour and almond flour, followed by pumpkin pie spice. Stir to combine. Fold in a heaping 1/3 cup of mini chocolate chips. Chill for 20 minutes.
3. Remove dough from refrigerator. Scoop and roll into 1 1/2 inch balls, place onto parchment lined baking sheet. (These cookie dough scoops are awesome!) Chill in freezer 15 minutes.
4. Melt the remaining mini chocolate chips with 1 tsp. of coconut oil in the micro at half power in 30-second increments. When chocolate is glossy and losing its shape, stir the rest of the way to melt.
5. Use a fork and dip each cookie dough ball into the chocolate, tapping off the excess. Place onto parchment paper. Don't worry if they are not 100% perfect, truffles shouldn't be-- and anyway, they taste fab. Dip all the balls, then chill in freezer for 10 minutes.
6. Melt the butterscotch chips using the same method above. Using a clean fork, wiggle the melted butterscotch over each truffle to create a messy "webbed" effect. Give the balls a final chill for 10 minutes or so before serving.
Tip: Store these puppies in the fridge, covered.
#pumpkin chocolate chip cookie dough truffles #pumpkin #chocolate chip cookie dough #truffles #chocolate truffles