Updated: May 31
Chewy. Nutty. Fruity, with the right amount of chocolate studded throughout. These muesli bars will be snatched up fast, you might want to make a double batch.
"I do love a good bar recipe, and if I don't have to bother with baking, super. If it has healthy ingredients but tastes fab? Perfect."
Notes: Oats are rolled, cashews are roasted and salted. Pan is 6 x 6, but 8 x 8 will work as well.
Double-Chocolate Muesli Bars
Ingredients: 1 cup oats, 1/2 cup almond meal, 1/3 cup chopped walnuts, 1/4 chopped cashews, 1/2 cup honey, 5 Tbsp. melted coconut oil, 1 Tbsp. brown sugar, 3 Tbsp. chocolate flax & chia blend (I use Spectrum's), 1/2 tsp. cinnamon, 1/3 cup chopped dried cherries, 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Combine oats, almond meal, walnuts and cashews. Toast in a dry pan for about 7 minutes, cool.
2. Meanwhile, warm the honey, coconut oil, and brown sugar in a pan and stir on low until the sugar is dissolved.
3. Pour toasted oat mix into a bowl and add cinnamon and dried cherries. Pour in melted honey mixture, stir to combine.
4. Fold in chocolate chips.
5. Drop mixture into a parchment-lined baking pan. Even out, pressing firmly.
6. Chill 1 hour before cutting. Store in air-tight container up to 1 week.
Tip: One bar left with a few crumbs? Crumble over ice cream or yogurt.