SMALL BATCH KEY-LIME CHEESECAKE BARS
All the flavor of summer sunshine in a little bar. They are creamy, tart, only slightly sweet, and easy to make. What else? The base is not made with grahams, but ginger snaps (so much yes). Anything else? You don't need key limes. Get to this one.
"The ginger snap crust is so scrumptious, you might never want Grahams with cheesecake again."
Notes: Cream cheese is regular, Philadelphia. Butter is unsalted.
SMALL-BATCH KEY LIME CHEESECAKE BARS
Ingredients: 1 cup ginger snap cookies, 2 tbsp. melted butter, (1) 8 oz. brick cream cheese, zest and juice of 1 lime, 1 tbsp. flour, 1 egg, 1 tsp. vanilla extract, 3/4 cup sugar, honey (optional).
Serves 4 well
1. Preheat the oven to 325* and line a 6x6 square pan with parchment paper.
2. Process ginger snaps and butter in food processor. Press into pan, and bake for 7 minutes.
3. Wash out processor bowl and blade. Tip in lime juice, most of zest, cream cheese and flour. Blitz until smooth. Add egg, vanilla, and sugar, then process again, stopping after 30 seconds to scrape down the sides.
4. Pour over the crust, sprinkle with remaining zest, then drizzle with honey and marble it in with a knife. (You can skip the honey if you like.) Bake for 40-45 minutes until very set, but not overly brown. Remove to cool.
5. Refrigerate at least 4 hours before cutting and serving.
Tip: Recipe is easily doubled for a 10-inch pan. Use a warm knife to slice the bars.