Updated: Aug 27
You know how now-a-days foodies might name something that tastes both delicious and addicting (Addicious? Delicting?) as "crack"? Bacon crack, Praline Crack, Chicken Crack, Cracker Crack. I did not do that to you with this. BUT, as for comfortably falling within that bizarre classification of foods, this popcorn absolutely does.
"Forget your gadgets and pop this the old fashioned way... with a big pot with lid."
Notes: Kernels are Redenbacher's.
SRIRACH-BUTTER & LIME POPCORN
Ingredients: 2 Tbsp. coconut oil, 1/2 cup raw popcorn kernels, 2 tsp. salt, 1/4 cup unsalted butter, 1/4 cup Sriracha, zest of 1 lime. Serves 2-4.
1. Heat coconut oil in a tall pot over medium-high heat until melted, then sprinkle in the salt. Swirl the pot to make sure the salt is evenly distributed.
2. Drop 1 or 2 kernels into the oil. When they pop, tip in the rest. Put the lid on, and shake the pot every once in a while to encourage agitation and popping.
3. When popping has slowed to no pops in 3 seconds, remove.
4. Melt the butter in the microwave, stir in the Sriracha.
5. Pour the Sriracha-butter over the popcorn and toss. Scatter over the lime zest, toss again. Eat immediately.
Tip: You want the melted butter to be mostly clear, it will be easier to stir the Sriracha into.