Hot nuts are magic. Am I Right? One of my favorite things to much on during colder months are roasted and spiced nuts, this recipe is amazing. (You won't be able to stop- better, no one is able to stop.)
My advice is if you are sharing them with more than one person, make a double batch. These walnuts also make a terrific last minute gift for teachers, hair dressers, office mates, neighbors, etc. They will be hugely appreciated amongst all of the cookies and chocolate!
"Replicate the recipe with other nuts if you like, or do a blend."
Notes: Oil is grape seed.
SWEET & SPICY WALNUTS WITH CHIA
Ingredients: 2 cups whole walnuts, 2 tbsp. neutral oil, 2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce, 2 tsp. sugar, 1/2 tsp. salt, 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper, 1/4 tsp. smoked paprika, 1-2 tsp. chia seeds.
Makes 2 cups.
1. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, preheat oven to 350*.
2. In a large saucepan, heat oil, Worcestershire sauce, sugar, salt, cayenne pepper and paprika over medium heat. Whisk to dissolve sugar.
3. Tip in walnuts and stir to coat, cook for 5 minutes.
4. Pour nuts and any leftover spiced oil onto baking sheet, spread out into a single layer. Sprinkle over chia seeds.
5. Bake for 15 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes or so. Remove to cool slightly (or take your chances with sampling a hot nut straight-out, I can't stop you).