Updated: Aug 5
This recipe isn't my usual type...not for the pasta aspect, but for the words "triple pork". I am definitely more inclined to make a veg-centric lasagna instead of a meat-based one. BUT, this lasagna with its ground pork, ham, and bacon is ridiculously good. And, being a Flexitarian means that I do condone meat on occasion. (Which also means it has to be really delicious.)
So, yes, I can get behind this lasagna, happily.
"This recipe is easily doubled for a 9x13 pan."
Notes: Marinara is Trader Joe's.
TRIPLE PORK LASAGNA
Ingredients: 3/4 lb. ground pork. 1/4 cup chopped ham, 1/4 cup crumbled cooked bacon, 1 jar marinara sauce, 1 cup ricotta cheese, 1 egg, 1 tsp. Italian seasoning, 1/2 tsp. minced garlic, 1/2 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese, 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, box of no- boil lasagna noodles, pinch of salt, pepper
Makes 1 8x8 lasagna
1. Preheat oven to 375*.
2. Cook the ground pork in a skillet pan until just done, drain. Add the meat back to the pan with the marinara sauce, ham and bacon. Cook for 3 minutes longer, remove from heat.
3. Whisk the egg in a bowl, then add the ricotta, Parmesan, Italian seasoning, garlic, salt and pepper to taste.
4. Drop a spoonful or two of the red sauce into the bottom of your dish and spread around. Break 3 noodles to fit in a row over the sauce. Spread a third of the ricotta cheese mixture over the noodles with the back of a spoon (about 2/3 cup). Spread 1/4 of the red sauce over the ricotta cheese and sprinkle over 1/4 cup of mozzarella cheese. Lay down another layer of noodles, repeat the ricotta/red sauce/mozzarella. Repeat once more, for a third time.
5. Your final (4th) layer will be noodles, then only red sauce, followed by 1 cup of mozzarella cheese.
6. Cover tightly with foil, making sure the cheese is not touching the foil or when you remove it you will pull off the top!
7. Bake covered for 30 minutes. Remove foil, bake 10-15 minutes longer, until golden and bubbling.
Tip: Serve with fresh minced parsley and grated parm.