Peanut butter cups are an all-time favorite of mine. And I almost made an all-natural version of them...except they are everywhere...no shortage of that recipe! Then I had a two-in-the-morning brainstorm. Why not add crunch (like a crunch bar) and use white chocolate instead. It happened, and these are insane. Also they are rivaling my addiction to standard peanut butter cups. Enjoy.
"I used natural creamy peanut butter, for the lower sugar content. Use what you like!"
Notes: White chocolate is Premier White by Tollhouse. Rice puffs are Trader Joe's.
WHITE CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER CRUNCH CUPS
Ingredients: 2 cups white chocolate chips, 1/2 cup peanut butter, 1/4 cup puffed rice cereal.
Makes about 16 mini-muffin cup sized.
1. Fill a mini muffin tin with paper liners.
2. Melt chocolate chips in the microwave in 30-second increments on half-power until just melted. Stir to melt fully.
3. In a separate bowl, heat peanut butter on half power until smooth and runny, about 30 seconds. Stir in rice cereal.
4. For each cup: Spoon 1 tsp. of white chocolate into the bottom of the cup. Then add 1 tsp. of peanut butter. Top with 1 tbsp. white chocolate. Fill all the cups this way.
5. Refrigerate until set, about 1 hour.