Quicker than quick! This cookie will get you back to business in 10 minutes or less and you can still pat yourself on the back for making a batch of holiday cookies. They are salty, sweet, have sprinkles, look festive, and save time. They also take no skills to make them. You can't mess this up.
"I used red and green classic hundreds & thousands (sprinkles), but you should use any sprinkle combination you like."
Notes: Peanuts are roasted and salted.
Ingredients: 2 cups chow mein noodles, 1 cup peanuts, 5 cubes almond bark, sprinkles.
Makes about 20.
1. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. In a microwave-safe bowl, melt the almond bark at half-power for 1 1/2 minutes. Then continue melting in 15-second increments. The residual heat in the bowl will continue melting the almond bark, so remove when the cubes have melted down to about a third of their size. You can stir to melt the rest of the way.
3. Combine chow mein noodles and peanuts in a medium bowl. Pour over the almond bark. Fold quickly to coat.
4. Drop by large tablespoonfuls onto baking sheets. Quickly add sprinkles so that they will stick. Allow to set completely for 2 hours.
5. Store in an air-tight container up to 1 week.