Updated: Sep 29
I was not going to make the TikTok pasta. Not because it didn't look tasty, but because if something is a trend I tend to run for the hills.
Well, multiple foodie friends got on my case, (more like gentle prodding) and here we are. I am pleased to report that not only is this recipe low-effort, it turns out the most delicious baked veggie dish I've ever eaten. My recipe does NOT have pasta. So it's gluten free and grain free, and really quite incredible.
"If you want to add more spices, do it. Just don't add salt. The Feta is plenty salty!"
Notes: Feta is unseasoned. Olive oil is extra-virgin.
BAKED FETA & VEGGIES
Ingredients: 1 small container cherry or grape tomatoes, 1 8 oz. block Feta cheese, 4-5 mini bell peppers, 1 zucchini, 2 tsp. minced garlic, scant 1/4 cup olive oil, 1 tsp. dried Italian herb seasoning, chili flakes (optional), 1 can great Northern beans, fresh parsley.
1. Preheat oven to 400*. Chop zucchini and bell pepper.
2. Tip tomatoes, zucchini chunks and bell pepper into an 8x8 baking dish. Slide the block of Feta to the center. Add garlic to the center of the Feta. Drizzle over olive oil and sprinkle over Italian seasoning and chili flakes, if using.
3. Bake for 30 minutes covered, then remove cover for 10-15 longer to brown the Feta a bit.
4. Drain and rinse Northern beans, warm them in a saucepan on low.
5. Remove Feta and veggies. Immediately, while still hot, break and stir the feta and veggies together. Fold in beans. Scatter over fresh parsley and serve immediately.
Tip: I love crusty bread or torn flatbread with this!