If you want extreme chocolate-lovers decadent brownies, look no further. I made these as a themed dessert for Halloween, but please make them a n y t i me and simply omit the orange food gel from the cheesecake batter. Nothing else to say but they are insane in the membrane...like they do good things for your head. :)
Grab six regular-sized Kitkat bars if you aren't able to find king-size.
Notes: Oil is grape seed by Grapeola, you can find it here.
BURIED COFFIN BROWNIES
Ingredients: 8 ounces cream cheese at room temperature, 1 egg white, 1/2 tsp. orange food tint gel, 1/4 sugar, 1 9x13 box mix fudge brownies, 2 large eggs, 2/3 cup neutral oil, 1/4 cup milk, 3 king-sized KitKat bars (20 pieces).
Makes 9 brownies.
1. Preheat oven to 375*F. Line an 8x8 inch baking dish with parchment paper, spritz with cooking spray.
2. Beat cream cheese until smooth. Add egg white and sugar and continue beating until smooth and creamy. Tini with orange food gel. Set aside.
3. Make brownie mix according to package instructions with oil, eggs and milk.
4. Pour half of the brownie batter into the bottom of the baking dish. Place 16 pieces of KitKat (separated) vertically into the batter in two rows, pressing down. Top with remaining batter, leaving a couple of tablespoons behind. Smooth the top.
5. Add big dollops of the cream cheese mixture, and using a knife, swirl it in to make a marbled pattern. You will have some left over. Add more brownie batter on top if necessary.
6. Bake for 55-60 minutes, until a tester comes out clean. Cool completely, then transfer to the fridge for 2 hours.
7. Break up the remaining KitKat bars and decorate the top with the pieces before cutting.
8. Store in refrigerator.