HANDS-DOWN, my favorite recipe this year so far. Oh my goodness, so delicious. I wish I would have eaten it more slowly--plus Eric shared with me and then I really started eating fast! Do yourself (and fam and friends) a favor and make this recipe, snack, lunch, dinner- even for breakfast. I will be right there with you, having another today!
The lavash crust is a flour tortilla grilled until just crisp, spotted, and puffing up. Then you lay on the toppings and give it a run under the broiler. It's simple and quick and utterly scrumptious.
When the lavash is done, serve with sour cream and shredded green lettuce if you like.
Notes: Chipotle powder is Simply Organic.
CHIPOTLE LIME AVOCADO LAVASH
Ingredients: 2 10-inch flour tortillas, 1 sliced avocado, 1 tsp. each of lime zest and juice, 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese, 1/4 cup chopped cilantro, 2 tsp. neutral oil, 1/2 tsp. garlic powder, 1 tsp. chipotle powder, 1/4 tsp each of sea salt and pepper, chili flakes to taste.
1. Move an oven rack to the top position, preheat the broiler.
2. Heat tortillas on a medium-high griddle or dry pan until browning and puffy. Remove to a parchment paper-lined baking sheet and brush with oil.
3. Stir together lime zest, chipotle powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Generously sprinkle over tortillas. Sprinkle lime juice over the slices of avocado.
4. Split most of the cheese between the tortillas then lay down avocado slices. Add the rest of the cheese, some cilantro, and chili flakes.
5. Broil for 3-5 minutes, until cheese is melted and the edges of the lavash are dark and getting crisp.
6. Remove and top with shredded lettuce, serve immediately with sour cream.