This is a fantastic recipe that works every time.
No need to ever buy it from a store. It's velvety, nutty, healthy, and downright delicious. A Favorite.
Yet sometimes I crave Everyday Hummus and then some. This recipe is ideal, as there is not much more work involved in glamming it up, and sending its hummus-y goodness right over the top.
Consensus: "Freaky good!" I'll take it.
"The fiery hue of smoked paprika looks fantastic against the hummus, but if you only have regular paprika, that's fine!"
Notes: Olive oil is extra-virgin.
'EXTRA' EVERYDAY HUMMUS
Ingredients: 1 can chickpeas, 1/2 cup tahini, 1/4 cup + 3 Tbsp. olive oil, 1/2 tsp. salt, 2 cloves minced garlic, 2 Tbsp. warm water, 2 Tbsp. chickpea liquid, juice of 1/2 lemon, 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley, 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese, 2 chopped scallions-white and green parts, 1 tsp. sesame seeds, 1/2 tsp. smoked paprika.
1. Rinse and drain the chickpeas, but reserve 1/4 cup of the liquid from the can.
2. In a food processor, tip in the chickpeas, tahini, olive oil, salt, garlic, lemon juice, and water. Blitz for 3 solid minutes.
3. Scrape down the side of the processor. Start it up again, and drip the chickpea liquid in a stream through the hole in the top. Process for another 3 straight minutes.
4. Remove hummus to a bowl and stir in half of each: chopped parsley, feta, and scallion.
5. Spread the hummus on a plate, leaving an indented swirl shape on the top. Dribble over the olive into the indentation. Sprinkle the rest of the parsley, feta, and scallion around the perimeter. Finish with the sesame seeds and paprika. Serve with torn pita bread, pita chips, tortilla chips, cut veggies, etc.