Updated: Jun 13, 2020
It just might go down in history at your house, as your best. Soft, Almond-y, cakey and so right.
"There isn't much to say about how scrumptious this loaf is, other than be aware: if there are multiple living with you it will disappear in a shockingly short time. It's a welcome change from a lemon loaf, I actually like it better."
Notes: Poppy seeds can be found in the spice section of your market.
ALMOND POPPYSEED LOAF
Ingredients: 1 1/2 cups flour, 1/2 cup almond flour, 1 tsp. baking powder, 1/2 tsp. salt, 1 1/2 Tbsp. Poppy seeds, 1/2 cup + 2 Tbsp. neutral oil, 2 eggs at room temperature, 1 generous cup sugar, 1 tsp. vanilla, 1/2 tsp. almond extract, 1/3 cup almond milk, 1/4 cup yogurt (plain or vanilla)
For Glaze: 1 cup powdered sugar, scant 1/4 cup almond milk, 1/2 tsp. almond extract
1. Preheat oven to 350* and grease a parchment paper-lined loaf pan.
2. Whisk the first 5 ingredients in a large bowl.
3. In separate bowl, whisk eggs, sugar, oil and extracts until very smooth. Add to dry ingredients and stir to combine.
4. In separate bowl, whisk yogurt and milk together. Fold into batter.
5. Pour into loaf pan and bake 45-55 minutes until golden and tester comes out clean. Cool and remove from loaf pan.
6. Mix glaze ingredients together, and drizzle over loaf.
Tip: If you don't have yogurt, try sour cream or buttermilk.