If you are needing a carrot cake/loaf recipe that is sans gluten, I've got you. This is still moist, rise, and all the adjectives that you want for carrot cake, in sliceable loaf-form, plus a damn-good cinnamon cream cheese icing. Can't get enough.
"Keep your cream cheese at room temp for an hour before making the icing- so. much. easier."
Notes: Butter is unsalted. Oil is grape seed.
CARROT LOAF- GLUTEN FREE!
Ingredients: 1 1/2 cups gluten free flour, 1/2 cup almond flour, 1/2 cup neutral oil, 1/2 cup sugar, 1/2 cup dark brown sugar, 2 eggs at room temperature, 2 tsp. baking powder, 1/4 tsp. salt, 1 1/2 cups grated carrots, 1 tsp. ground cinnamon, 1 tbsp. rum or whiskey. Icing: 1 oz. softened cream cheese, 1 oz. softened butter, 1/2 cup powdered sugar, 1-2 tbsp. milk, 1 tsp. ground cinnamon.
Makes 1 standard loaf.
1. Preheat oven to 350*, then line an loaf pan with parchment paper and spray.
2. Stir the oil and sugars together in a large bowl. Add the eggs and whisk to combine, followed by the rum.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together the gluten free flour, almond flour, salt, cinnamon and baking powder. Add to the wet ingredients, whisk to combine.
4. Fold in grated carrots. You can use a box grater or your food processor to get the pieces into bits, rather than ribbons.
5. Pour into loaf pan. Bake 45-55 minutes, until a tester comes out clean and sides are pulling away. Cool.
6. Make icing: beat all ingredients together, adding the milk slowly, until it is a thick, yet pourable consistency. Drizzle over loaf.