I make banana bread nearly every week- spotty bananas are a regular loiterer on my counter. this recipe works so well. you cannot tell that it was not made with all regular flour or butter. This banana bread rivals the basic one. You will need a few alternative flours to make it, but wow, it is worth it.
"Before you start make sure your eggs are at room temperature- very essential to soft bread."
Notes: My cinnamon sugar is roughly 1/3 cup sugar to 1 tsp. cinnamon.
GLUTEN-LITE + DAIRY-FREE BANANA BREAD
Ingredients: 1 cup all-purpose flour, 1/2 cup almond flour, 1/4 cup brown rice flour, 1/4 cup tapioca flour, 2 Tbsp. potato starch, 1/2 tsp. salt, 1 tsp. baking soda, 1 Tbsp. baking powder, 1/2 tsp. cinnamon, 2 overripe bananas-mashed, 2 eggs, 1 tsp. vanilla extract, 3/4 cup brown sugar, 2 Tbsp. sugar, 1 cup neutral oil, and cinnamon sugar for dusting.
Makes 1 9x5 loaf
1. Preheat oven to 350*. Grease and line a loaf pan.
2. Whisk the flours, potato starch, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon in a large bowl.
3. In a separate bowl, beat the eggs with the mashed bananas and vanilla. In another separate bowl, whisk the sugars and oil together until smooth. Add the sugar to the banana mixture and whisk again. It is OK if you are left with a few pebbles of banana- that is good, actually.
4. Make a well in the flour and add the banana mixture in. Mix until just combined.
5. Pour into the loaf pan. Top with a sprinkling of cinnamon sugar. Swirl it in with a knife.
6. Bake for 1 hour or until a tester comes out clean.
7. Serve with an extra sprinkle of cinnamon sugar if you like.
Tip: I start checking the bread at the 50-minute mark. If the top is getting too brown, I'll lay a piece of foil over it.