Updated: May 31, 2020
These are so damn good. That's all that needs to be said. Just.
"Scotcheroos are typically quite stiff and hard to bite through, but the ratio here of peanut butter to light corn syrup helps maintain a chewy-softness that won't make you regret eating them."
Notes: Pecans are lightly toasted in a dry pan for 5 minutes. Recipe can be doubled for 9x13 dish.
Ingredients: 3 cups Krispie rice cereal, 1/2 cup sugar, 1/2 cup + 2 Tbsp. light corn syrup, 1/2 tsp. vanilla, 3/4 cup peanut butter, 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, 1/2 cup butterscotch chips, 1/2 cup chopped pecans.
1. Heat sugar and corn syrup in large saucepan over low-to-medium heat, until sugar is dissolved. Stir frequently- do not allow it to boil.
2. Add peanut butter and vanilla, stir to melt and combine.
3. Add rice cereal, and gently stir to coat.
4. Press into greased or parchment-lined 8x8 baking dish.
5. Melt chocolate and butterscotch chips together in the microwave in 30-second increments, stirring between each. Spread over Scotcheroos, and top with pecans.
6. Chill 30 minutes before cutting.
Tip: Use cooking spray lightly on your hands before pressing into the dish, I like coconut oil spray.