Updated: Jun 9, 2020
You might think these are very involved to make, but they are not! First of all, I didn't make the granola, I bought it. Too, I didn't make the yogurt, I bought it. This recipe is nothing more than mixing layers together, then freezing. it is the perfect fast and yummy summer dessert. And it is healthy. (and happily purple) Yeah!
"No frozen blueberries? Pick your favorite frozen berry. Delish!"
Notes: Frozen Wild Blueberries are from Trader Joe's. Regular frozen blueberries may be used also.
WILD BLUEBERRY FROZEN YOGURT GRANOLA BARS
Ingredients: Granola crust: 2 cups granola, 6 Tbsp. butter-melted, 1 Tbsp. sugar, tiny pinch salt. Yogurt layer: 1 cup plain Greek yogurt, 8 oz. cream cheese- at room temperature, 1 tsp. vanilla extract, 2 Tbsp. sugar, 1 cup frozen wild blueberries. Topping: 2 Tbsp. granola
1. Line an 8x8 dish with parchment paper in one direction.
2. In a food processor blitz the granola, melted butter, and 1 Tbsp. sugar. (You can also mix by hand.) Press evenly into the bottom of the baking dish, set aside.
3. In a bowl beat the cream cheese, yogurt, vanilla, and 2 Tbsp. of sugar until smooth. Fold in the frozen blueberries.
4. Spoon the berry mixture over the crust, smoothing until even. Sprinkle over extra granola. Freeze, covered, for 3 hours.
5. Remove from freezer and let stand 10 minutes before slicing. Store in freezer.
Tip: If your cream cheese is truly at room temperature, the mixing will be easy. If not, microwave at half power in increments of 10 seconds a few times until softened.