Updated: May 31, 2020
Well, these are rad. Perfectly textured between creamy and crumbly with a soft vanilla flavor and buttery graham crust. They don't need a sauce, the simplicity is everything, here. If you want to make yourself feel like your are eating a healthier dessert, slice some bright and firm strawberries to make friends.
"For perfect texture, skip the water bath and do the hot, wet towel trick. See below."
Notes: Cream cheese is Philadelphia
Ingredients: 1 package bashed graham crackers (about 2 cups), 1/4 cup melted butter, 1 Tbsp. sugar, 2 eggs- separated, 2 bricks cream cheese at room temperature, 1/2 cup sugar, 2 Tbsp. flour, 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract, 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream,
1. Preheat oven to 325* and line an 8x8 baking dish with parchment paper.
2. Stir graham crackers with the melted butter and 1 Tbsp. sugar. Press into baking dish and bake for 10 minutes.
3. Beat cream cheese with sugar until smooth. Add flour and whipping cream, continue mixing. Beat in the egg white on low speed, then add the yolks one at a time. Combine until just mixed in.
4. Pour cream cheese mixture over baked graham crust.
5. Wet and lightly squeeze out an old kitchen towel or two. Place the baking dish onto a baking sheet and wrap the wet towel around it the dish. This provides great humidity to achieve the perfect texture of cheesecake. Make sure to use towels you don't mind turn color from the heat.
6. Bake for 40 minutes, then cool at room temperature 1 hour. Refrigerate 4 hours before slicing.
Tip: Whole milk or half and half can be subbed in for the whipping cream. To get cream cheese to come to room temp., leave out for 2 hours.