This ice cream turned out completely sublime, it may be my new favorite. So creamy and sweet with a hint of fruity prosecco and pieces of cold, blushing peach. The recipe is very easy and because the prosecco has alcohol (obviously) it doesn't freeze rock-hard, but stays luscious yet scoop-able. AND you don't need an ice cream maker...such a nice summer treat!
"If you don't have prosecco but do have champagne laying around that works too!"
Notes: Prosecco is rose.
PEACHES IN PROSECCO ICE CREAM
Ingredients: 3 cups heavy cream, 8 oz. prosecco, 1 3/4 cup powdered sugar, 2 chopped peaches, peeled, 1 tsp. vanilla extract.
Makes about 4 cups.
1. Open prosecco and let it sit out to flatten for about an hour.
2. Whisk together the prosecco and powdered sugar in a large bowl until sugar is dissolved. Whisk in the vanilla.
2. Add the heavy cream and peaches, stir to combine. Pour into ice cream maker and process for 20 minutes, OR using a mixer, beat the mixture until it forms soft peaks.
3. Remove ice cream to freezer-safe container and cover with plastic wrap.
4. Freeze: If using ice cream maker, freeze for 2 hours before serving. For no-churn, freeze for 6-8 hours before serving.