This recipe reminds me of a pizza my husband ordered years ago that I had initially shunned in favor of my all-veggie one. Luckily, there had been some leftovers, so I ate two pieces the next day, only to find that the combination of chicken, bacon, and swiss is not too "meaty" as I had incorrectly assumed, but tasty. In my opinion, it's even better with a creamy base combined with the soft, golden strands of spaghetti squash.
CREAMY CHICKEN, BACON & SWISS
BAKED SPAGHETTI SQUASH
Ingredients: 1 spaghetti squash, 1 tbsp. olive oil, sea salt, pepper, one scant cup sour cream, 1/4 cup mayonnaise, 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese, 1 cup cooked and shredded (or chopped) chicken, 6-8 slices cooked and chopped bacon, 1 tsp. garlic salt, and 2 tsp. dried parsley.
1. Preheat the oven to 425* and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Cut the squash in half lengthwise. Scoop out seeds. Brush each half with oil, then add a little sea salt and pepper to taste. Roast cut-side down, 25-30 minutes until tender and caramelizing.
3. Cool slightly until you can handle the squash. Using a fork, scrape the squash in each half into strands.
4. In a large bowl, combine the sour cream, mayo, chicken, garlic salt, 1 tsp. of parsley and most of the bacon. Split the mixture between the two halves of squash, slightly mixing it in.
5. Place the squash into the oven loosely tented with foil (make sure the foil is not touching the cheese) for 25 minutes. Remove the foil and cook for 10-15 minutes more, until the cheese is melted and browning. Serve immediately with the remaining bacon and parsley sprinkled over the top.
#creamy chicken, bacon and swiss baked spaghetti squash #creamy baked spaghetti squash #chicken, bacon, swiss, spaghetti squash recipe #baked spaghetti squash with creamy chicken, bacon, and swiss cheese