The simplicity of granola and hominess is what I love most. Too, giving a friend or neighbor or sick person a batch of still warm granola all wrapped up is like a loving hug. This recipe is fancy, because of the expense in the ingredients. That said, the holidays or a special gift are a great excuse to glam it up a bit.
This granola is wonderful, with buttery nuttiness from macadamia nuts, earthy sweet warmth from vanilla bean, and fruity chewiness from dried cranberries. Spooned from a bowl in a pool of milk or eaten plain, it is one of the best granola recipes!
"This granola is especially good on vanilla bean ice cream!"
Notes: Oil is grape seed.
Ingredients: 3 cups old-fashioned oats, 1/2 cup macadamia nuts-chopped, 1/2 cup dried cranberries-chopped, 1 tbsp. rum, 1 vanilla bean, scant 1/2 cup neutral oil, 1/2 cup blossom honey, pinch of salt, 1 tsp. cinnamon.
Makes about 4 cups.
1. Preheat oven to 300* and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Stir rum into cranberries, and set aside for 5 minutes. Drain.
2. Combine oats, nuts and cranberries, cinnamon and salt in a large bowl.
3. Warm the honey in the micro for 15 seconds. Whisk in the oil. Split the vanilla bean and scrape the seeds into the oil. Whisk to combine.
4. Pour honey-oil over the oats. Stir to coat well, then tip onto baking sheet. Spread into an even layer. Bake for 20 minutes, stir, then bake for 20 minutes longer.
5. Remove and cool completely. Wrap up as gifts or store in an airtight container.
#Granola #Oats #macadamia #vanilla bean #cranberries