HOLIDAY POUND CAKE
LOVE this recipe, love pound cake and all things sprinkles. This is the holiday version of my Confetti Pound Cake--My husband moans whenever he eats it. It's intensely buttery without being greasy and light yet dense with soft vanilla flavor and the tiniest hint of tart from Greek yogurt. Frankly, the bits of sturdy sprinkle that your teeth hit upon throughout the crumb is a delight. As is the traditional thick, white, and very sweet icing.
Bake and freeze ahead sans icing, then thaw 30 minutes before you are ready to go. Also, bake and give as a gift. Such a good gift.
If you bake ahead, cool cake completely, then wrap with parchment paper, followed by a good wrapping of plastic wrap. Will keep up to 3 months!
Notes: Butter is unsalted. Holiday sprinkles are by Wilton.
HOLIDAY POUND CAKE
Ingredients: 1/2 cup butter at room temperature, 1 cup sugar, 2 eggs at room temperature, 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract, 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, 1 tsp. baking powder, 1/4 tsp. salt, 1/2 cup plain yogurt, 1/3 cup red and green holiday sprinkles. For the icing: 1 generous cup confectioner's sugar, 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract, 1/2 of an egg white, 1 tbsp. water, 1 tbsp. holiday sprinkles.
Makes 1 standard loaf.
1. Preheat oven to 350* and grease and line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
2. Beat the butter with the sugar until fluffy. Add the eggs and vanilla and mix until smooth.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Add slowly while combining into the butter mixture until just combined.
4. Fold yogurt into the batter followed by confetti sprinkles.
5. Pour into loaf pan and bake for 1 hour, or until cake is pulling away from the sides and a tester comes out clean. Cool.
6. For the icing: mix powdered sugar, vanilla extract, egg white, and water together until smooth. Pour over the cooled loaf and scatter over additional sprinkles if desired.
#pound cake #holiday pound cake #holiday #sprinkles #holiday cake #holiday sprinkles