Updated: May 31
I am not going to pretend these delightful dreams were made from scratch. Cake mix works great for cookies! Never tried it? You will now. Sometimes days are crammed and you need to focus, buckle down, and tend to the everyday business looming over your head. But you WILL have time to squeeze these cookies in, easy as they are. Such a nice reward for finishing your work.
"The recipe is easily cut in half. It's also good with Devil's food cake mix, just omit the lemon zest."
Notes: Cake mix is Pillsbury
LEMON-COCONUT CAKE MIX COOKIES
Ingredients: 1 box lemon cake mix, 1 cup softened butter, 2 beaten eggs, zest of one lemon, 1 cup sweetened coconut, 2 Tbsp. plain yogurt or sour cream.
1. Preheat oven to 350* and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Stir all ingredients together in a large bowl, do not get out the mixer for this!
3. Chill the dough for 1 hour.
4. Roll approximately 1 Tbsp. of dough into a ball for each cookie. Place on baking sheet.
5. Bake for 9-10 minutes, until lightly golden.
Tip: If the dough is sticking to your hands, dampen them.