It started with my nostalgia for DQ's peanut buster parfait and ended with this fun and easy recipe for an excellent sweet treat going into the holidays. Think: a double-decker layered Mr. Goodbar...only thicker and with better chocolate plus peanut butter...make enough to share; you'll need it.
Notes: Peanut butter is standard, creamy, Jif.
PEANUT BUSTER FUDGE
Ingredients: 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips, 1 cup creamy peanut butter, 1 tsp. vanilla extract, 1/4 cup powdered sugar, 1 tbsp. coconut oil, 1/2 cup roasted, salted peanuts.
Makes about 15-18 pieces.
1. Line a loaf pan with parchment paper. Sprinkle 1/2 cup of chocolate chips over the bottom.
2. In a microwave-safe bowl, heat the peanut butter for 30 seconds, then whisk in the vanilla and powdered sugar. Heat it again for 15-20 seconds, re-stir then spread over the chocolate chips. Freeze for 1 hour.
3. Melt the remaining chocolate chips with the coconut oil on half-power in the microwave in 30-second increments until melted. Stir, then smooth the melted chocolate over the frozen peanut butter.
4. Scatter over the peanuts, pressing in to adhere. Freeze for 1 hour.
5. Remove the fudge from the freezer and lift out the "block" using the parchment paper. Place it upside down on a cutting board and let it rest for 5 minutes for easier cutting. (It's less likely to crack if you cut through the peanut butter first.) Cut into squares and store in the fridge. #peanut butter chocolate chip fudge #Peanut Buster Fudge #fudge recipe #peanut buster fudge recipe #peanut butter fudge with chocolate chips