First of all, the gorgeous savory/squashy aroma wafting around after making this pretty dish made my mouth water and caused my hubs to come in from outside with a wide, hopeful smile on his face. That smell-good. Taste? Also there--in a big way-- with a softly sour hint of sweetness from sumac and pomegranate seeds...on top of buttery acorn squash. You can't go wrong.
You can also cut your squash into half-moons, if you prefer.
Notes: Roasted garlic-infused olive oil (so tasty!) is by COLAVITA. I get mine here.
ROASTED SQUASH WITH LEMON AND SUMAC
Ingredients: 2 large acorn squash, 2 tbsp. garlic-infused olive oil, 1/2 tsp. sea salt, 1/2 tsp. pepper, 1 tsp. ground sumac, 2 tsp. lemon zest, 1 tbsp. minced parsley, 1 finely chopped green onion, 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds.
1. Preheat oven to 450*F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Slice squash into rings about 1/2 inch wide. remove seeds from the center of rings.
3. Lay squash rings on a baking sheet. Brush with oil, then sprinkle over salt, pepper and sumac. Roast for 30-35 minutes, until fork-tender and edges are caramelized.
4. Remove squash. While hot, scatter lemon zest over. Mix the parsley and chopped green onion together, then scatter that over as well.
5. Finish with the beautiful scarlet-red pom seeds. Serve immediately.