TOASTED WALNUT & WHITE CHOCOLATE OREO BARK COOKIES
Oh boy, oh boy. Forget standard chocolate chip cookies and make these decadent babies for a twist! I love the chewy and soft texture interplayed with crisp shards of white chocolate Oreo bark and bitter bits of toasted walnuts. Works. So. Well.
Notes: Butter is unsalted.
TOASTED WALNUT & WHITE CHOCOLATE
OREO BARK COOKIES
Ingredients: 1 cup softened butter, 1 cup sugar, 1 cup packed brown sugar, two eggs at room temperature, 1 tsp. vanilla extract, 1 1/2 tsp. salt, 1 tsp. baking powder, 1 tsp. baking soda, 2 2/3 cups all-purpose flour, 1/3 cup chopped walnuts, 1 cup white chocolate chips, 6-8 Oreo cookies.
Makes about 28 large cookies.
1. Preheat the oven to 365* and line baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. Make the bark: Melt the white chocolate chips at half power in 30-second increments until just melted, stirring in between. Spread the chocolate onto parchment paper on a plate or small baking sheet. Open the Oreos and scrape off the frosting. Break up over the still-warm white chocolate. Freeze for 30 minutes.
3. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until fluffy. Add egg and vanilla and continue mixing until creamy.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk the salt, baking powder, baking soda, and flour until combined. Stir into the butter mixture until combined, then set aside.
4. Toast the walnuts in a dry pan over medium heat until fragrant, about 5 minutes. Set aside to cool.
5. Remove the white chocolate bark and break it into small shards. Fold the bark and walnuts into the batter.
6. Using a 3-inch scoop (about 3 tbsp. of dough), drop dough onto baking sheets, well spaced apart. Bake for 11-14 minutes until the perimeter of the cookies is golden and cooked, but the very center is just slightly underdone. Remove from the oven and allow the cookies to cook in their residual heat for five minutes on the baking sheets. Remove to cool completely.
#toasted walnut & white chocolate oreo bark cookies #walnut white chocolate bark cookies #oreo bark cookies #walnut and white chocolate oreo bark cookie recipe