The recipe to change those who don't love pork, which was me.
I said 'ultimate' for two reasons. One, the crisp coating that bakes around the chops is so crunchy and flaky-good that it reminds me of hashbrowns patties. And two, the pork was so soft inside, we didn't need knives. I almost made a gravy, but it would have been unnecessary. Enjoy~
*For a gluten-free version, replace the flour coating with corn starch or tapioca flour.
Mashed potatoes or buttery egg noodles are my favorite side + don't forget a green veg.
ULTIMATE CRISPY BAKED PORK CHOPS
Ingredients: 4-6 tenderized boneless pork chops, 2 cups corn flakes, three beaten eggs, 1 tsp. sea salt, 1 tsp. pepper, 1 tsp. paprika, 1 tsp. garlic powder, 1/4 cup flour, 1 tbsp. butter or ghee, chopped fresh parsley.
1. Preheat the oven to 375*F and spritz a 9x13 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
2. Place corn flakes into a plastic zip bag and bash with a rolling pin or blitz in the food processor to make crumbs. (You want mostly fine rubble, not powder.)
2. Combine crumbs, salt, pepper, paprika, and garlic powder in a shallow bowl. In a separate bowl, beat the eggs.
3. Lightly season the pork chops on both sides with salt and pepper to taste. Then dust both sides with the flour, shaking off the excess.
4. Dip each floured chop first in the egg, then into the corn flake crumbs. Place into the baking dish. Dot all over with pieces of butter or ghee.
5. Bake for 20 minutes, then flip over and bake for another 20-25 minutes, until golden brown and crispy. Scatter over fresh parsley, if you like, before serving.
*If you can't find tenderized pork chops: place regular boneless chops between pieces of plastic wrap and bash them with a rolling pin a few times to loosen up the fibers.
*If you don't like butter: Drizzle 1 tbsp. neutral oil over the top before baking.
*Make them spicy: Add 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper and 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes to the crumb mixture.
*Make them "ranch style": Omit the salt and add 1 tbsp. powdered ranch seasoning to the crumb mixture.