They were gone in hours and I was very sad because I had two, and had plans for another...this is what happens when you share your house with other (greedy) people and bake yummy things.
If you love lemons or lemon cake or lemon loaf (and brownies!) then meet your new obsession. If texture awards were given out for bars, this recipe wins them all. The taste is softly lemon and white chocolate...tart that you are aware of, but not puckering over.
Sublime is good word. SUBLIME.
If you want extra lemon-y flavor, add more zest to the top, just after the chocolate drizzle...
Notes: Butter is unsalted.
WHITE CHOCOLATE LEMONIES
Ingredients: 1/2 cup butter, scant 1 cup white chocolate chips, 2 large eggs at room temperature, 3/4 cup sugar, zest and juice of 2 lemons, 1 tsp. vanilla extract, 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour, 1/2 tsp. baking powder, 1/8 tsp sea salt.
Makes about 9 bars.
1. Preheat the oven to 350* and line an 8x8 baking dish with parchment paper.
2. Whisk together eggs, sugar, lemon zest, lemon juice, and vanilla extract.
3. Melt butter with half of the white chocolate chips in the microwave in 30-second increments on half-powder until melted. Stir together to emulsify. Cool 3 minutes.
4. Slowly whisk chocolate-butter into eggs. (Start with a little first so that you don't cook the egg!)
5. Stir in flour, baking powder and salt. Smooth batter into prepared baking dish. Bake for 26-28 minutes or until a tester comes out (mostly) clean. Cool completely.
6. Melt remaining white chocolate chips in the microwave on half-power in 30-second increments until melted. Drizzle over bars. Refrigerate for 1 hour to set.