BEER BREAD PIZZA WITH HAM, BLUE CHEESE, MUSHROOMS & ROSEMARY
Oh, this crust. Eric and I were marveling over the soft and chewy texture and malty flavor; it could have been cooked with nothing more than olive oil and herbs and sliced into strips or squares and been lovely just like that. At the last minute, though, I started piling things on to make it pizza; things that were stashed in the fridge and needed to be used... which, in my opinion, is always how the best pizzas come out.
Add sliced spinach or basil over the top for more color, if you like.
BEER BREAD PIZZA WITH HAM, BLUE CHEESE, MUSHROOMS, AND ROSEMARY
Ingredients: For the crust: 2 cups all-purpose flour, 1 tsp. baking powder, 2 tsp. rapid rise yeast, 1 tsp. salt, 2 tbsp. olive oil, 3/4 cup room temperature beer. For the toppings: 2 tsp. garlic infused olive oil, 1 tsp. ground oregano, 1-1 1/2 tsp. fresh chopped rosemary, 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms, 1/2 cup sliced ham, 1/4 cup blue cheese crumbles, and chili flakes (optional).
Makes one 8-10 inch pizza.
1. Preheat the oven to 450*.
2. In a large bowl or bowl of a free-standing mixer, combine the flour, baking powder, salt, and yeast. Using a wooden spoon or a dough hook, mix in the olive oil and beer until a soft dough forms. Turn out and gently knead the dough for three minutes (or let the dough hook work through the dough on low). Remove dough to a lightly oiled bowl. Cover to rest for 30-45 minutes.
3. Roll out the dough to an 8-10 inch circle, roughly, then place onto a baking sheet or pizza stone. Place into the oven for 5 minutes.
4. Remove and immediately brush with garlic-infused olive oil. Sprinkle over oregano and rosemary, then follow with the toppings: mozzarella, mushrooms, ham, blue cheese, and chili flakes, if using.
5. Place pizza back into the oven for 12-15 minutes until done to your liking.
#beer bread pizza with ham, blue cheese, mushrooms, and rosemary #beer bread pizza #beer bread pizza recipe #pizza with beer crust #pizza with beer crust recipe