Warm, and so inviting--each bite dappled with juicy peaches and ripe blueberries--this baked oatmeal is fab. And it's healthy. Really.
Dairy-free, gluten-free, refined sugar-free;yet it tastes so wonderful. This recipe calls for unsweetened vanilla almond milk because that is my fave, but any unsweetened nut milk you like will do. Bonus: the sugar has been replaced with pure maple syrup and the butter with melted coconut oil. You really don't have a reason not to bake this.
"This oatmeal is so lovely with a dollop of cool yogurt or splash of milk over the top."
Notes: Coconut sugar is Organic Great Value.
BLUEBERRY PEACH BAKED OATMEAL
Ingredients: 1 diced peach, 1/2 cup blueberries, 2 cups old-fashioned oats, 1 tsp. baking powder, 1 tsp. cinnamon, scant 1/2 tsp. fine salt, 2 cups unsweetened vanilla almond milk, 1 large egg, 1 tsp. vanilla extract, 1/4 cup pure maple syrup, 2 Tbsp. melted coconut oil, 1 tsp. coconut sugar mixed with 1/2 tsp. ground ginger.
1. Preheat the oven to 350* and spray an 8 x 8 baking dish.
2. In a large bowl, stir together the oats, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together the almond milk, egg, vanilla, maple syrup, and coconut oil. Add to the oat mixture, stir well.
4. Tip in the peaches and blueberries and fold gently.
5. Pour into the baking dish then sprinkle over the 'ginger-sugar' (coconut sugar mixed with ground ginger).
6. Bake for 40 minutes, until browned and bubbly.
Tip: If you don't have or can't find coconut sugar (typically in natural baking ingredients section of grocery), you can use light brown or raw sugar as well.