Especially for sushi lovers.
If you like/love/are obsessed with sushi, then you know. That feeling takes over and screams in your mind, "give me sushi now.". I'm used to it but don't always want to leave my house to go to a restaurant, and grocery store variety just doesn't cut it. So I created this fun recipe to quell the desire, and boy, does it get the job done. This is so delicious.
Get the crab meat you are comfortable with. There is no shame in buying imitation crab meat if you prefer it. Most cali rolls are made with "krab" anyhow.
Notes: Mayonnaise is Hellmann's light.
CALIFORNIA ROLL IN A CUP
Ingredients: 3 ounces flaked or chopped crab meat, 1 tbsp. mayo, 1 tsp. Sriracha, one pinch of cayenne pepper (optional), 1/3 cup chopped English cucumber, 1/3 cup sliced avocado (about a half), 1/3 cup cooked rice, 1 tsp. sesame seeds.
1. Line a 4-ounce ramekin (a 4-inch wide bowl) or a standard mug with plastic wrap.
2. Stir together the crab meat, mayo, Sriracha, and cayenne pepper (if using).
3. Sprinkle sesame seeds over the bottom of the bowl. Spoon over the crab meat and press down to form an even layer.
3. Cover the crab meat with chopped cucumber, pressing down to adhere, followed by the avocado; again, press down with the back of a spoon.
4. The final layer is the cooked rice, press it down firmly, then wrap the excess plastic over the top to seal. Give it a good final press, and refrigerate for 30 minutes or up to 6 hours.
5. Unwrap the plastic wrap from the ramekin, then invert it onto a plate. Gently wiggle, then lift off the ramekin; it should come off easily, leaving the form behind. Peel off the rest of the plastic wrap and serve immediately with soy sauce or coconut aminos on the side.