I almost didn't share this recipe...it's one of my secret ones. (I do have those, yes~) But I figured this lasagne is too delicious not to spread the love. So, I am happy to share with the most delicious recipe that will definitely become your secret as well...
"I love fresh parsley on top, which I snip with kitchen shears."
Notes: Ricotta is part-skim.
CHICKEN BACON LASAGNE
Ingredients: 1 1/2 lbs. cooked and shredded chicken, 1/2 cup cooked bacon crumbles, 8 oz. ricotta cheese, 1/2 cup milk, 1 cup grated Parmesan plus more for topping, 1 egg, 1/4 tsp. salt, 1/2 tsp. pepper, 1 tsp. dried parsley, 1 tsp. dried oregano, 1 16 oz. box no-boil lasagne noodles, 1 jar favorite red sauce, 1/4 cup red wine, 2 cups mozzarella cheese, 1 tbsp. fresh parsley-snipped.
Makes one 9x13 pan of lasagne.
1. Preheat oven to 375*, spritz a 9x13 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
2. Stir the red sauce and wine together in a bowl, set aside.
3. In another bowl, whisk the egg with ricotta and milk, then add chicken, Parmesan, salt, pepper, parsley and oregano. Stir well to combine.
4. Spoon over a little red sauce into the bottom of your dish, spread around. Lay noodles over to form an even layer, break if needed.
5. Spread a third of the ricotta cheese mixture over the noodles with the back of a spoon, then sprinkle over 1/3 of the bacon. Spoon over 1/4 of the red sauce and finish with 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese. Repeat two more times.
5. Your final layer will be noodles, then only red sauce, followed by 1 cup of mozzarella cheese and a little Parmesan.
6. Cover tightly with foil, making sure the cheese is not touching the foil or when you remove it you will pull off the top!
7. Bake covered for 30 minutes. Remove foil, bake 20 minutes longer, until golden and bubbling. Sprinkle with fresh parsley.