CHOCOLATE-FUDGE AVOCADO MUFFINS
Well, these don't taste like muffins! More like dessert-y mini molten lava cakes. So soft, so fudge-y--the avocado provides moisture and fat so you get to ditch the oil. No more tossing overripe avocados in the trash! Put your sticker on the chart of no food waste, and bust out these muffins. They are incredible.
I used standard semi-sweet chocolate chips from Costco. But, use your favorite.
Notes: Nut milk is unsweetened vanilla almond milk. Cocoa powder is Hershey's.
CHOCOLATE FUDGE AVOCADO MUFFINS
Ingredients: 1 cup nut milk, 2 eggs at room temperature, 1 medium ripe avocado, 1 tsp. vanilla extract, 1 tbsp. brewed coffee, 1 cup all purpose flour, 1/2 cup cocoa powder, 2/3 cup sugar, 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder, 1 tsp. baking soda, pinch of sea salt, 1 cup chocolate chips + more for the tops.
Makes 12 standard muffins.
1. Preheat oven to 400*. Line a standard muffin tin with paper liners, spritz lightly with cooking spray.
2. In the bowl of a food processor add: nut milk, eggs, avocado, vanilla extract and coffee. Blitz to combine. A few rando lumps of avocado leftover is fine.
3. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Sift in the cocoa powder if possible. Make a well, then pour in the wet ingredients. Mix until just combined- lumpy is best.
4. Fold 1 cup of chocolate chips into the batter. Spoon batter into muffin cups to 3/4 full. Press a few extra chips on the tops.
5. Bake for 18-20 minutes, until a tester comes out clean, cool. (Who am I kidding--eat the suckers still hot and melty!)
#Fudge #Chocolate #avocado #muffins #no food waste #oil free muffins