Updated: Sep 29
I'm just going to lay down some description words here: Soft, fluffy, pocketed, moist, chocolatey, sweet, vanilla-kissed. You will dig these muffins, whether or not you need to watch your dairy.
Notes: Oil is grapeseed. Nut milk is unsweetened vanilla almond. Chocolate chips are Nestle, allergen free.
DAIRY-FREE CHOCOLATE CHIP BANANA MUFFINS
Ingredients: 2 eggs at room temperature, 2 medium bananas, 6 tbsp. neutral oil, generous 1/2 cup sugar, 2 cups flour, 1 tbsp. baking powder, pinch of salt, 1/2 cup nut milk, 1 tsp. vanilla extract, scant 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips.
Makes 12 muffins.
1. Preheat oven to 400*, paper line and spray 12 muffin cups.
2. Mash bananas, set aside. In a separate bowl, whisk egg, nut milk, vanilla and oil together.
3. In a large bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, salt and sugar.
4. Make a well in the dry ingredients and pour in the wet, holding just a bit back. Mix until almost combined--you should see some residual flour crumbs. Fold in banana followed by chocolate chips.
5. Fill muffin cups to 3/4 full. Bake for 20-25 minutes until puffed, firm and lightly colored. Cool.