I started with my tried-and-true cheesecake bar recipe, the one I've made oodles, and turned it gluten-free. I am happy to report that these squares are the ultra-creamiest and silkiest, still, and hold their shape. Like sturdy squares of vanilla dairy-love on bashed honey-butter cracker crust. The. Best.
"If you don't want to dust with dark chocolate, which is typically gluten-free naturally, cinnamon is sooo yummy too- and wintery."
Notes: Gluten free graham crackers are by Van's. Tapioca flour is Arrowhead mills.
DARK CHOCOLATE-DUSTED CHEESECAKE SQUARES
Ingredients: 1 package bashed gluten-free graham crackers (about 2 cups), 1/4 cup melted butter, 1 Tbsp. sugar, 2 eggs- separated, 2 bricks cream cheese at room temperature, 1/2 cup sugar, 2 Tbsp. tapioca flour, 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract, 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream, 4 oz. dark chocolate (at least 60% cacao) shavings
1. Preheat oven to 325* and line an 8x8 baking dish with parchment paper.
2. Stir graham crackers with the melted butter and 1 Tbsp. sugar. Press into baking dish and bake for 10 minutes.
3. Beat cream cheese with sugar until smooth. Add tapioca flour and whipping cream, continue mixing. Beat in the egg white on low speed, then add the yolks one at a time. Combine until just mixed in.
4. Pour cream cheese mixture over baked graham crust.
5. Wet and lightly squeeze out an old kitchen towel or two. Place the baking dish onto a baking sheet and wrap the wet towel around it the dish. This provides great humidity to achieve the perfect texture of cheesecake. Make sure to use towels you don't mind turn color from the heat.
6. Bake for 40 minutes, then cool at room temperature 1 hour. Refrigerate 4 hours. Grate dark chocolate and press into the top before slicing.
Tip: Whole milk or half and half can be subbed in for the whipping cream. To get cream cheese to come to room temp., leave out for 2 hours.