I still cannot get over the color. Like melted rubies. If you normally choose ice cream over sorbet, this will change your mind. the raspberry flavor is a bright, sweet-tart, like the way electric red should taste. This sorbet will leave your taste buds buzzing with happiness and your mouth cool-y refreshed. With 3 ingredients and the only necessary equipment being an ice cream maker, you are basically required to make this.
"This can quickly become an adults-only sorbet with the addition of rum. Just don't add more than a couple tablespoons because the alcohol will affect the freezing process."
Notes: Ice cream maker base MUST be pre-frozen in your freezer for 24 hours before making.
ELECTRIC RASPBERRY SORBET
Ingredients: 4-5 cups frozen raspberries (about two 12-ounce bags), 1 cup sugar, 1 cup water. Serves 3-4.
1. Bring the sugar and water to a simmer and stir until sugar is dissolved, about 5 minutes. Set aside.
2. Meanwhile, tip the frozen raspberries into a bowl and cover with cool water for about 5 minutes to help them thaw a little. Don't leave them longer than that. Drain.
3. Add 1/2 cup of the now cooled, sugar-syrup to a food processor. Add the raspberries. Process on high for 5 minutes.
4. Chill the mixture for 1 hour. Now you can start making the sorbet, or push the mixture first through a sieve to remove the seeds. This is optional, but it gives you a silken sorbet rather than a textured one. The choice is yours, it will be delicious either way. If the seeds are going to ruin it for you or someone you are sharing it with- do the sieving.
5. Pour raspberry mixture into the ice cream maker. Churn for 20-30 minutes, until sorbet is thick and frozen.
6. Store in a covered freezer-safe container.
Tip: You can use fresh raspberries too, make sure to wash and pat dry. Chill the processed mixture for 2 hours instead of 1 before pouring into the maker.