HONEY & CHOCOLATE MARBLE MUFFINS
It's not much more effort to turn a basic muffin into a special one--one that tastes delightful. I love the way the two flavors in this muffin meld, each one complimenting and enhancing the other. Served warm with only more honey to drizzle and perhaps some soft butter is a relaxing break from everything. I always wish they would last, but they never do.
"I didn't use muffin cups this time, I greased the tin well with coconut oil spray because I wanted to see the entire muffin. Cup or no cups is up to you."
Notes: Oil is grape seed.
HONEY CHOCOLATE MARBLE MUFFINS
Ingredients: 2 cups all-purpose flour, 1 tbsp. baking powder, 1/4 tsp. salt, 1/2 cup honey, two eggs at room temperature, 6 tbsp. neutral oil, one scant cup of milk, 1 tsp. vanilla extract, 3 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder, 1/4 cup chopped semi-sweet chocolate, 1 tbsp. dark coffee.
1. Preheat oven to 400* and grease or line a standard muffin tin.
2. Whisk the flour, baking powder, and salt together in a large bowl.
3. In a separate bowl, warm the milk and honey together for 30 seconds in the microwave. Whisk to dissolve the honey, then add the eggs, oil, and vanilla, stirring until well combined.
4. Make a well in the dry ingredients and pour in the wet. Do not overmix; the lumpy batter is good. Split the batter between two bowls. In one bowl, stir the cocoa powder, chopped chocolate, and coffee.
5. Using a spoon, alternate the batter flavors into muffin cups to about 3/4 full.
5. Bake for 18-20 minutes on the middle rack in the oven until a tester comes out clean.
Tip: When you measure out the milk, give it 20 seconds or so in the microwave prior to whisking it with the eggs and oil. Room temperature everything is a must for baking.
#honey chocolate marble muffins #chocolate marble muffins #marble muffins #honey and chocolate marble muffins recipe