ROASTED BABY POTATOES W/ LEMON AND DILL
So this is a smart recipe and really (refreshingly) different. I had never thought to pair lemon juice with baked potatoes until I saw Rachel Ray do it. I had to try this combo. I added dill because I love the herbal, briny notes (and I do that with cut and roasted tates anyhow), I figured, lemon will be blend nicely. It did. These potatoes are so good! Like salt and vinegar, but softer.
I used dried dill so the dill didn't burn. If you only have fresh dill, chop finely and add during the last 15 minutes of roasting.
Notes: Potatoes are golden, baby potatoes. Garlic-infused olive oil is Trader Joe's.
SMASHED BABY POTATOES W/ LEMON AND DILL
Ingredients: 2-3 lbs. golden baby potatoes, 2 tbsp. garlic-infused olive oil, 1 tsp. flaky sea salt, 1 tsp. dried dill, 1 lemon.
1. Preheat oven to 400* and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Wash and dry potatoes. Rub all over with the oil. Sprinkle over salt and dill.
3. Roast for 40-45 minutes until potatoes are making hissing sounds and are fork-tender.
4. Remove sheet from the oven. Turn down oven to 300*. Using the back of a large spoon, press down on each potato to smash it (fun!). Zest the lemon over all of the potatoes, then slice into wedges. Scatter throughout the potatoes. Tent with foil and put back in the oven to scent with the lemon for 10-15 minutes.
5. Serve with extra flaky salt and a lemon wedge for people to squeeze over.
#baby potatoes #smashed potatoes #lemon #dill #lemon and dill