Making your own crackers isn't hard! And it's fun. And delicious. Make it once or more times, depending on how many people are snacking. Then just pair with a yummy dip like this Peanut Butter Hummus and get munching.
Homemade crackers during the holidays is great family/kid activity, as well as a nice touch for get-togethers.
Black sesame seeds are also so pretty!
Notes: Olive oil is extra virgin.
Ingredients: 1 cup all-purpose flour, 1/4 tsp. fine sea salt, 1/3 cup lukewarm water, 2 tbsp. olive oil, 2 tsp. sesame seeds, 1 tsp. coarse salt.
1. Preheat oven to 475*. Lay a piece of parchment paper on a baking sheet and brush with 1 tbsp. olive oil. Set aside. (My fave silicone basting brushes here.)
3. Mix together flour, water and fine sea salt until shaggy.
4. Sprinkle a work surface with flour. Knead the dough for 3-4 minutes, until you have a smooth ball. Place back into the mixing bowl and cover with a dish towel. Let it rest for 20 minutes.
5. Roll out the dough to 1/16 of an inch (about 11 x 12). It will be thin, but not see-through. Take your time if the dough snaps back on you--you'll get it.
6. Gently roll the dough onto the rolling pin, and position it onto the parchment paper. Brush with remaining olive oil, sprinkle over sesame seeds.
7. Bake for 10-15 minutes, until golden all over with bubbles. The edges will be slightly darker. Cool, then break into pieces.