So sweet and fruity, this recipe is velvety and ideal for topping almost any muffin, cake, sweet bread, bun, or slice of toast. But don't underestimate the deliciousness of a fat sunset-colored dollop on top of your morning Greek yogurt, bowl of oats, or chia pudding. It is so good AND you will love how easy the recipe is!
"If you absolutely can't find good peaches, go with nectarines."
Notes: Peaches are yellow.
SMALL BATCH PEACH BUTTER
Ingredients: 2 large or 3 medium peaches, 1/4 cup water, 2 Tbsp. sugar, tiny pinch of salt, 1 tsp. lemon juice.
Makes about 2 cups.
1. Wash, peel, and cube the peaches.
2. Bring peaches, water, sugar, salt and lemon juice to a simmer over medium-high heat. Turn down to low and cook for 2 hours, stirring regularly.
3. Remove peaches to a blender and blend until very smooth.
4. Pour peaches back into the saucepan and again bring to a simmer. Turn down to low and cook for 30 minutes to 1 hour, depending on how thick and reduced you want it. Remove from heat and cool.
5. Store peach butter in a covered container or jar in the refrigerator up to 1 week.
Tip: Make sure you don't let the peach butter boil, you do not want it to turn into sticky soft candy.