You know I can't get enough. Margaritas are my number 1 cocktail, so I'm both picky and chaste when it comes to making a good one. At the end of "Chocolate Week" (my Instagram theme week), this cocktail followed that lovely Mole sauce. It isn't over-the-top chocolatey, but rather more like a spiked milk chocolate with orange and a fiery kick of cayenne. Delish.
Notes: Cocoa powder is unsweetened.
SPICY CHOCOLATE ORANGE MARGARITA
Ingredients: 100% Agave Tequila, Chili Chocolate Kaluha, Cointreau, heavy whipping cream, fresh orange, agave nectar, 1 oz. dark chocolate, cocoa powder, 1 tsp. cayenne pepper, ice.
1. Make spicy chocolate rim: Add 1 tbsp. cocoa powder to a plate or small bowl with cayenne pepper sprinkled over top, then grate over dark chocolate.
2. Run the cut side of an orange around the rim of a lowball glass. Dip into spicy chocolate.
2. Add ice to glass. Pour over 1 1/2 shots tequila and 1/2 shot Kaluha. Stir.
3. In a shaker add some ice, 1 shot of Cointreau, 2 shots heavy whipping cream, and 1 tbsp. agave nectar. (for extra fire add 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper too!) Shake it up.
4. Pour into glass. Garnish with fresh slice of orange and piece of dark chocolate.