Hands up if you love muffins! This recipe is a remake of my Streusel-Topped Banana Poppy Seed Bread, but slightly different, using no butter and adding sour cream for an amazing, crumbly muffin texture, soft (tart-ish) banana flavor, and the best streusel-y top you can think of.
Do these for you.
These are amazing spread with butter or cream cheese!
STREUSEL-TOP BANANA SOUR CREAM MUFFINS
Ingredients: 1/2 cup neutral oil, 1 scant cup sugar, 2 eggs at room temperature, 1 tsp. vanilla extract, 1/4 cup sour cream, 2 overripe bananas-mashed, 2 cups flour, 1/2 tsp. baking soda, 1 tsp. baking powder, pinch of salt. Streusel: 3 tbsp. soft butter, 1/2 cup flour, 1/3 cup brown sugar, 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon.
Makes 12-16 muffins.
1. Preheat oven to 350*, line muffin tin with paper liners.
2. In a large bowl, cream the oil and sugar until fluffy. Add in the eggs and vanilla, and combine well. Stir in the bananas and sour cream.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add to the wet ingredients. Batter will be thick. Spoon into muffin cups.
4. Make the streusel: fork together butter, flour, sugar and cinnamon until crumbly. Sprinkle over the top of the muffins.
5. Bake for 25-28 minutes, or until a tester comes out clean. Remove to cool.